Friday, November 21, 2014

It's raining today but I still managed to run quite a few errands.  Today's outfit called for a jewel-toned blouse with bootcut jeans, tassel necklace, and leopard flats.  I was so excited to wear the JCP shirts I recently bought.  Unfortunately, I had major gaping issues!  What!?!  They worked fine in the dressing room.  I must have just grabbed different shirts when I headed to the checkout line.  Needless to say, I ended up returning both of them and amazingly, left JCP with nothing but my receipts.  Instead, I shopped my closet.  This is what I wore:


I love this Banana Republic blouse and I don't wear it as often as I should.  The last time I wore this blouse was went we closed on our house two years ago!  It has a dainty white mini-polka dot print and a ruffle collar that goes down the front placket.  I never would have thought to pair this with jeans.  Since the neckline already forms a Y, I went with my new Stella & Dot necklace that arrived yesterday instead of the tassel necklace.  Like other ladies in the challenge, I spent half an hour tucking and untucking trying to decide which looked better.  I think tucking the blouse draws too much attention to fluffy abs, so I left it untucked.  One of these days, I will venture out with a tucked shirt, but not today.  This is the perfect date night outfit for my dinner date with my husband tonight.

Went by TJ Maxx looking for the "must-have" Bobeau asymmetrical wrap that I heard was on sale for $20.  They only had heather charcoal and black, both of which looked good.  However, this time I went with black.  These would make really nice gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment