Friday, November 7, 2014

Build Your Wardrobe Basics Challenge by Alison Lumbatis and Cyndi Spivey

The basics challenge is on!  We just received the shopping list last night via email.  I am both super thrilled and relieved to discover that I have almost all the pieces already in my closet.  I guess having a classic wardrobe is coming in handy for this challenge.  I just need a couple of items: chambray shirt, leopard belt, and a jewel tone blouse.  This time, I'm doing the challenge with my mom and a few other friends, so I'm really excited to see what they come up with!

Someone on the Facebook group recently asked how much money do you spend on these challenges.  I know I felt as if I went on a shopping spree with the fall challenge since I had only a minority of the pieces on the shopping list.  However, I was glad to know others said you tend to spend more on your first challenge.  It's incredibly hard to stop yourself from buying multiple variations of the pieces when you know that they work so well.  I ended up with 3 more plaid shirts than I needed, 2 more scarves, an extra puffer vest, dressy sweatshirt, long sleeve tee, sweater, necklace, and am thinking of getting another cardigan!  I decided yesterday that I was going to cut myself off since I finally got all the pieces for the fall challenge.  Now, I have a new problem: I can only wear one item out of the multiple options for my outfit of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment